Sunday, January 4, 2015

My First Midwife Appointment

I had my first baby appt with my midwife this past Tuesday. It was wonderful! Her office was a home basically. It had a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and office. So homey. We sat and talked for an hour! From how my pregnancy was going to how much she charges to hearing my sweet baby's heartbeat for the first time :) I did not feel rushed during this appointment. AND while I was having my appt, my kids were able to run in and out between the office and living room (where some awesome toys were) the whole time. It didn't bother me at all because the nurse kept an eye on them and we were the only family there :)

When we got to my favorite part, hearing my baby's heartbeat, she only used a doppler! I got to leave my bottoms on and just have my shirt raised to my ribs. Perfect little heartbeat by the way, 142 :)

She also did not perform a vaginal exam! She also told me she will not do so unless something seems wrong in the pregnancy or labor, or unless I request it! So happy to hear that!

She of coarse took my weight and checked my urine and I go in for my blood test this week at a lab.

I am loving the midwife experience so much so far!

1 comment:

Kaeloni said...

Glad it went well and was such a great experience!